Friday, March 1, 2019

Do You Believe That the Greatest Leaders Are Born, Not Made

When you ask masses why they followed their leader or what made their leader great, most would enforce words like charismatic, honest, trustworthy and confident. So this begs the question, are these any qualities that are natural or versed? According to Websters dictionary, charisma is a spiritual power or mortalal quality that gives an individual make or authority over large numbers of commonwealth. So a charismatic leader advisenister be defined as a certain quality of an individual soulfulnessality, by virtue of which he is embed a subprogram from ordinary men and treated as a person with supernatural or super humankind powers or qualities.So with that said, can that be learned over time or simply notwithstanding polished? How can those qualities or characteristics be taught? We can take a charismatic person and polish or refine them to be better leaders only if charisma, according to the definition cannot be taught. According to Dr. Joe Pace in The oeuvre Interpe rsonal Strengths and Leadership he describes collar qualities to what makes a good leader. A good leader mappingd his or her authority to do three things motivate, curb and make Decisions. (Pace-84) So by this definition one would mint that these characteristics can be learned. Through mentorship in the workplace one can be taught when to make the decision, how to manage personnel and how to motivate people. After all, the human resources division in the professional work environment spends countless hours and dollars information personnel on learning how to effectively motivate their personnel and manage them correctly. So in this example it would appear that leadership can be learned.I obligate been told by many that I command presence when I walk into a room. For years it would bother me that so many people found it necessary to touch me, to examine a way to confrontation up once morest me or reach out and hold my arm as I was talking to them. I use to ask my wife all the time why do so many people find it necessary to touch me? She tried to explain to me that people wanted to substantiate if I was real and that I carried such a positive gloriole about me that commanded respect, attention and trustingness and some people needed or wanted to be a part of that.I use to laugh it shoot and tell her she was crazy but this has been happening since I can remember. I remember being in middle school going to specify my brothers play high school football and when I would talk to my honest-to-god brothers the girls would always put their hands on me to tussle my hair, grab me to liquidity crisis me or even put an arm around me and I use to just find it odd but always just chalked it up to girls liking my brothers. As I got older I noticed the selfsame(prenominal) things happening to me and sometimes to the point of feeling uncomfortable about the situation.So again I would ask my wife the same question and her reply became just because you are older a nd heavier than you were twenty years ago, your presence is still cognise when you walk into a room and people want to be part of you. You need to learn to embrace it, accept it and just know that this forget always happen to you. She went on to explain to me that people love to be around me because they always feel that I am the smartest person in the room, even if I am not, my complete confidence in myself commands that.She explained to me that when I speak to people, I am always speaking with complete confidence and believe what I am saying and I never interrogation myself or give the appearance of it. So I think sticker at my life and wonder to myself where did I learn this? I have come to the conclusion that I never learned this, I was born with this and over time I have polished it and refined it. So for me personally, I have to believe great leaders are born, not made. References Bock, Wally. Three Star leadership, 2006. http//www. threestarleadership. com/articles/borno rmade. htm Conger, J. A. , and R. N. Kanungo (Eds), Charismatic Leadership in Organizations. Thousand Oaks, CA Sage Publications, 1998 Pace, Joe DR. The professional development series Book Two The body of work Interpersonal Strengths and Leadership. Published by McGraw-Hill, Inc. 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment